Thursday 14 May 2009

Fabulous Darling...

Just wanted to make a little note about how much I have enjoyed watching Kirstie Allsops Homade Home on Channel Four.

It was so refreshing to see somebody making over a home without it looking like every other house on the street. Let's face it ....I think we are all a little fed up of 'feature walls'. Instead Kirstie has made a home look like a home should or at least how I would like a home to look. I have always loved a house to have things in it.

I have never been a fan of the minimal look....it always looks too....well minimal!

Obviously as someone who loves to make things it was also wonderful to see her meeting different crafts people and having a go herself.Crafting is so often dismissed as it is seen as a lesser art form than say fine art painting...but as anyone watching the programme could see a crafters talent and skill can be almost endless if they have the imagination.

I am certainly looking forward to another series....Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment