Saturday 3 April 2010

Slow and Steady

Having never taught anyone to crochet before....I maybe jumped ahead of myself thinking an Amigurumi Turtle would be possible for a first timer!

Turns out it was .....this wasn't helped by the fact that my student was also left handed... That made things super interesting. After much trial and error I realised just crocheting rows back and forth would probably be the best way to start. Luckily my student was a quick study and she was doing crocheted rows with ease after a while....

I gave her the links to a few You Tube left handed crochet videos...

I love these videos as they are so easy to follow........and apparently she has been finding them a great help also, as she has been coming on leaps and bounds! I can't wait to see what she has made next time I see her.

I also left her with a little gift...to spur her on lol.....




No comments:

Post a Comment